Group Study Rooms
Manassas Campus Library has six group study rooms available to NOVA students.
- Each room is equipped with a computer, a large LCD screen, and a dry-erase whiteboard.
- Rooms 1, 2, 5 and 6 each has a PC running Windows 7. Rooms 3 and 4 each has an iMac.
- There is also a cable that can be used to connect most laptops to the LCD screen so that the laptop's diplay can be shown on the LCD screen. Please note that we do not have adaptors for laptops that require them.
- Dry-erase markers are availalble to be checked out at the Circulation Desk (at the front of the Library). A valid NOVACard is required to check out a set of markers.
Reserving a Room:
- Groups of two or more students may reserve a room. A valid NOVACard is required to reserve a rooom.
- Rooms may be reserved in person at the Circulation Desk (at the front of the Library) or by calling the Library at 703-257-6640.
- Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance.
- Reservations are made for up to two hours at a time. Additional time may be granted on a case by case basis depending on demand.
- Users who are more than 15 minutes late for a reservation may be bumped by another group.
- Please note that groups may not use rooms for more than two hours by having a different member of the group make consecutive reservations.
- Individual students who wish to use a room without a group may do so on a walk-in, as-available basis. No reservations are accepted.
- Individual users must vacate the room if a group needs to use it.
Rules for Use:
- Rooms are for academic work only.
- Please keep the noise level down and the door closed.
- Beverages must be in spill proof containers.
- Please do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Keep track of your belongings!
- Please vacate the rooms promptly.