Group Study at the Annandale Campus Library
Annandale Campus Library has 4 group study rooms available to all NOVA students. Each room is equipped with large 42" LCD screens. These rooms are available by reservation only and can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per room and group per day.
Reservations can be made one week in advance in person by visiting nvcc.libcal.com/booking/studyrooms or by calling the Circulation Desk at 703-323-3128. Instructions for reserving a room are available on the webpage.
- Rooms 1 and 2: 2-6 people
- Rooms 3 and 4: 2-4 people
Making a Reservation:
- Reservations should be made at nvcc.libcal.com/booking/studyrooms or by calling the Circulation Desk at 703-323-3128. Additionally, there is a computer station dedicated to group study room reservations in the library.
- Rooms can be reserved up to one week in advance by using your VCCS or your NVCC email address.
- Reservations are made on the hour or half hour only, for a maximum of 2 hours. Please note that groups may not use rooms for more than two hours by having different members of the group make consecutive reservations.
- The student who reserved the room MUST sign-in at the Circulation Desk.
- The email confirming your reservation and a NOVACard is required for check-in.
- If reserving a room over the phone, student must complete and sign responsibility statement.
Use of Rooms:
- Group study rooms are for academic purposes only.
- Rooms are not sound proof. Conversations must be kept at a low level as to not disturb students or staff. Headphones and headphone splitters are available at the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- Rooms must be left free of trash and undamaged in any manner.
- Close door when leaving.
Media Center Use at the Annnandale Campus Library
- The Annandale Campus Library has one media center with four computers available to NOVA staff and students.
o 2 personal computers
o 2 macs
o Variety of design and editing software available. See http://nova.libguides.com/technology/annandale for a list of software.
- The center can accommodate up to six people. Please be mindful of other students who are also working on projects and keep your voices to a minimum.
Reservations and Signing In:
- Reservations can be made up until the time you are ready to use the media center.
- Sign up options:
1. From your computer 2. Designated computer station for room sign-up/library catalog. (Annandale Campus Only) 3. Call the Circulation Desk at 703-323-3128 or Reference Desk 703-323-3410.
- Everyone must sign in on the online form and indicate what type of media project is being done. Go to www.nvcc.libcal.com/booking/mediacenter to choose a time, computer, and the software you will be working with.
- Please be sure to sign up for the appropriate type of computer and software you will need.
- All media center users must bring their NOVA ID and check-in with the Circulation or Reference Desks once you arrive.
- You may use the media center for up to 2 hours.
- Additional time: if no-one else is signed up or waiting for the computer you need, you may extend the time by going back to the registration site ww.nvcc.libcal.com/booking/mediacenter.
Assistance and Use Policies:
- Media Center use is limited to multimedia design purposes.
- Students are expected to know at least some basics about the software they are using. However, assistance is available on a very limited basis to help you with your projects. Please ask at the reference desk.
- Please leave the room free of trash and undamaged in any manner.
- Close door when leaving.
Fair Use Guidelines
- Any images, photos, graphs, etc. that you find on the internet may be subject to copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code). The person using the Media Center equipment is responsible for any infringement.
- Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia courtesy of the University of Washington.